· We were not involved in the process from the beginning
· No one asked us our opinion as the campaign was designed, so this is not the way we would have done things
· The issue the adults picked for our campaign isn’t the issue we think our school most needed and isn’t something we want to promote
· The pictures in the posters don’t resonate with us (don’t look like us and don’t depict our interests, etc.)
· We were not given meaningful and authentic work
It is our strong belief that sustainability and real change lies in the design of a campaign! When students are given authentic and meaningful work, are engaged from the beginning and are supported, they are more likely to stay involved and excited. Remember, this is not an event and change occurs over time! People support what they help create!
Join us in our next several posts, as we share stories about how our approach creates experiences for community members, youth and students, coalitions and businesses. We adhere to our tagline, “data doesn’t change behavior…inspiration does”.