- I only went to high school classes on Fridays because that was game day.
- I wanted to take some more advanced classes but my teachers said to take those that I could actually pass so that I could be eligible.
- I could have been very interested in Art but my teacher said if I moved tables around and kept the classroom in order, she would give me an "A".
- We moved around from city to city and school to school so that I never got comfortable enough to learn.
- Sleeping many nights in your car doesn't help you with academics.
- Build solid, trusting relationships
- Listen, listen, listen
- Ask serious questions regarding academic experiences
- Work together to develop a plan
Finally, we are always aware of and awestruck by the prospect of a young person getting a college degree. It impacts not only the person, but generations to come.