What is Social Norms?
· An evidence-based strategy, universally applied
· Driven by relevant and current data
· A way to shine the light on health
· Strength-based approach
· A way for students to become the “carriers of the social epidemic”
· A positive way to engage students and community as agents of change
· A student implemented-adult facilitated strategy
· Re-energizing to staff and community
· Showing positive outcomes
Our approach involves 5 comprehensive phases:
- Phase 1: Planning and Training-this is where we organize and empower
- Phase 2: Data Collection and Information Gathering-Assessment of target audience and target issue
- Phase 3: Plan Development-Vital behaviors and action steps
- Phase 4: Plan implementation-mobilize
- phase 5: Monitor, Review and Evaluate-Is anyone better off?